Website Autodesk Inc.
The Autodesk Robotics Lab publishes research in highly selective conferences and journals, builds prototypes that receives coverage in highly regarded media outlets, and regularly files patents. Research scientists in the lab apply 3D design tools, machine learning, and emerging technologies to build world-changing solutions that were never before possible with robots. We are looking for a recognized expert in the field of robotics to lead research, and to direct the vision for robotics at Autodesk.
You will lead a team of machine learning, sensing, digital fabrication and motion control scientists exploring what’s important and interesting to the future of robotics. We work closely with other research teams – such as the Autodesk Artificial Intelligence Lab, the Generative Design scientists, and the Autodesk Technology Centers – to prototype and validate new methods of automation. Our lab is housed in the Autodesk Technology Center in San Francisco with access to rapid prototyping and manufacturing equipment. The lab also has software engineering staff to help mature research projects from simple concepts to robust prototypes.
You will define the vision of robotics research at Autodesk, manage a team of scientists and engineers, guide software development of research-related robot tools, and actively collaborate with experts in the field. Through guest speaking, co-authoring, and media interviews you’ll connect the Robotics Lab’s research to Autodesk’s product teams, to the academic community, and to the manufacturing and construction industries. You’ll lead Autodesk’s technical strategy for robotics and identify potential business opportunities, including acquisition targets. As an experienced research leader and expert in robotics you will be a driving force in the future of the field.
– Be a technology leader; consult on robotics functionality in product development plans
– Build relationships with other research groups and business leaders
– Create and identify patent-worthy technology and participate in the patent application process
– Recruit, interview and onboard new talent to the robotics lab
– Evaluate acquisition and partnership opportunities for Autodesk in the space of robotics
– PhD in Robotics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
– Minimum 5 years leading robotics research
– Practical experience developing software and/or hardware for robots
– Curiosity, flexibility, and comfort with ambiguity
To apply for this job please visit autodesk.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.