Halodi Robotics develops and sells the world’s most capable humanoid robots and core robotics technologies, with the goal of disrupting health care, patrolling, retail, and the consumer market.
We are looking for a senior application engineer to help achieve our North American security officer pilot project. You will be responsible for the on-site integration and support of our humanoid robot at pilot sites and your experience in product management will help drive the product’s success. You will work closely with the engineering team, client, and pilot project partners to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions and to ensure project goals are reached. An ideal candidate has product and project management experience in robotics or industrial automation.
At Halodi Robotics, we take a holistic approach to building robots; all components of our robots are developed in-house including motors, transmissions, sensors, electronics, controls, and AI. As an employee, you will get the opportunity to develop skills in all of these areas and find unique solutions across domains.
## Product Direction
– Manage the delivery and integration of the pilot project robots and work with our great team to make the project a success.
– Responsibilities will include project planning, client requirements gathering, writing technical guides, and functional testing that makes the product a success.
– Handle day-to-day operations, servicing of the robots, and supporting infrastructure to ensure a high level of reliability and uptime.
## Team and Internal Partnerships
– Help build and drive hardware product strategy and vision within the company with leadership and teams that you work with.
– Partner with engineering teams to strike the right balance of delivery timelines and future-proof hardware or software products you are responsible for.
– Partner with the project team to deliver clear messaging around your products and align with the overall mission of Halodi Robotics.
## Customer and External Partnerships
– Understand, build, and ensure the product adds value for the client and pilot project partners.
– Excite, inform, and engage with our external stakeholders as frequently as possible to develop an external voice of success for the Halodi Robotics brand.
– Provide input, insight, and research while working with other members of the leadership and engineering teams.
Application engineers come from various backgrounds, therefore, most importantly we are looking for someone who matches the description above and is looking to take on the world. That being said we consider these as the baseline for our next team member:
– 5+ years of application engineering experience.
– Degree or diploma in Engineering related field.
– Hands-on experience deploying robotic, industrial, or related solutions.
– Practical skills and understanding of computer networking and IT infrastructure (e.g., Wi-Fi, routers, local networks).
– Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done.
– Ability to travel and spend time at client sites.
– Unusually great organizational and time management skills.
– Strong verbal and visual communication.
– Collaborative to your core.
– University degree in Mechatronic Engineering, Engineering Systems and Computing, Robot Technology, Electrical Engineering, Controls, or related industry experience.
– Military or security background and security clearance.
– Industrial or research experience in robotics, especially with NASA, JPL, IHMC, or TRI.
– Experience with programming (e.g., Python, C/C++, Java), ROS2, or Unity/C#.
– Experience with motors, motor drivers, controls, and embedded systems.
– Experience with VR and AR applications.
– Knowledge of design, safety standards, and risk assessments (e.g., ISO 12100) for machinery, industrial systems, and robotics.
Halodi Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at recruiting (at) halodi (dot) com.
To apply for this job please visit halodirobotics.recruitee.com.