Website Humanity HR Consulting - For large Silicon Valley Tech Firm
Mechatronics Engineer Description
Salary Range: $108,000-$175,000
The Robotics team is a research team devoted to exploring how machine learning can revolutionize the world of robotics. Recent advances in perception, fueled by the deep learning revolution, have made it possible to envision autonomous robots that acquire a deep understanding of their environment through sensing and learning. This requires new, scalable approaches to learning in the physical world, as well as safe and data efficient approaches to continuously improving sensorimotor skills, which will ultimately enable autonomous agents to safely act in human-centered environments.
Be part of a dynamic team of engineering consultants exercising your ability to perform at sustained high levels of quality output, resulting in customer satisfaction across all project aspects. We are seeking an engineering generalist with a proven working understanding of various engineering disciplines, comprising mechanical, electrical, software, manufacturing and hands on fabrication.
• Development of hardware from initial conceptual stages through to final bring up
• Application of varying levels of engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical, electrical, software) to assess the current state of robots and make recommendations to improve efficiency or solve technical problems.
• Ability to assess various job assignments and determine the best and most efficient engineering approach in achieving and exceeding robotics team assignment requirements.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with guidance from higher level engineers within the group.
• Able to cover all aspects of a client’s assignments from conceptual design, analysis, 3D CAD, drafting, BOM generation, fabrication, assembly, testing through to report documentation. Minimum
• BS degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
• 3D modelling and drafting experience using Solidworks or other CAD software
• Embedded system and software experience, including an entry level understanding of PCBA design
• Understanding of various manufacturing processes and application, in addition to having the ability to use basic machine shop tools and equipment
• Experience in AI robotics
• Programming experience: C, C++, Arduino, Python
• Rapid prototyping understanding and application
• Mechatronics, Instrumentation selection and data reduction
• Work independently, self-motivated, comfortable working in a high demand environment
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.