Kodama is developing technology to improve climate resilience and carbon storage in forests across the western U.S. We’re tackling this problem end-to-end by automating machinery, optimizing on-the-ground operations, and developing new methods of carbon storage. As a member of Kodama’s early team, you will have ownership over your domain and define the trajectory of our company. And did we mention you get to spend time in national forests? It’s pretty fun.
As robotics engineer, you will oversee all aspects of machine autonomy. This includes sensor selection and integration, machine communications, computing, navigation, and obstacle detection. You will play a key role in building first-of-a-kind forest autonomy, enabling wildfire resilience and carbon storage.
– Developing forest robotics systems for heavy equipment
– Delivering usable and/or demo-able products on a weekly basis
– Establishing feedback and insights from simulation, on-equipment, tele-operation, and integration testing
– Working in an agile development environment
– Coordinating with partners and vendors to ensure cost, time, quality, and regulatory requirements met
– Spend time on forest restoration sites gathering feedback and injecting it into the design(s)
– Mentoring and training
– Robotics engineering experience across several stages of product lifecycle
– Experience with complex, integrated hardware/software systems solving challenging problems and implementing solutions in real-world scenarios
– Excellent communicator, able to create effective artifacts, such as block diagrams, design documents, and requirements, to enable teams to collaborate on complex products and drive solutions
– Ability to resolve issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
– First-principles thinker who has invented novel solutions to technical problems
– Experience creating complex electromechanical systems enable with software
– BS in Robotics, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent
Bonus Point Qualifications
– Software and hardware test development
– Creating software hardware in the loop integration and unit tests
– Development and production version control, PLM, MCAD, and ECAD
– Analysis experience on complex mission-critical systems
– MS/PhD in Robotics, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent
Perks and Benefits
– Generous stock options. We’re an early-stage company and we want you to benefit from the financial upside.
– Flexible time off. We’re a small, flexible team. Work hard and take time off when you need it.
– Stay healthy. Health insurance reimbursement for you and your family.
– Learn on the job. Annual conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
– Spend time in nature. This role enables you to spend time in national forests!
To apply for this job please visit kodama.applytojob.com.