Website Russell Solutions Group
Let us help you make the best next career move!
Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD) group is recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Our company has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through our surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
The RAD group is seeking a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and is passionate about mechanical design for complex robotic systems.
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and test sophisticated hardware designs. Candidates must be self-motivated, creative, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will support the development of robotic systems for a variety of surgical applications.
Core Job Responsibilities:
∾ Mechanical Engineer to develop a robotic platform for surgical applications focusing on robots and systems
∾ Responsible for next generation development of the hardware platform, including mechatronics, robotics, kinematic analysis, FEA simulation, component selection, electromechanical integration, and platform hardware architecture
∾ Responsibilities include developing requirements, brainstorming, machine & system design, rapid prototyping, project management, vendor management, testing, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
∾ Further responsibilities may include technical lead for large parts of the system.
∾ Develop system specifications, protocols, and reports.
∾ Work within design controls, compliance testing, FMEA, CE, ISO, FDA and other regulatory requirements.
∾ Collaborate with other team members (manufacturing, electrical, software, mechanical, imaging, system, clinical, quality) to solve complex, system level design challenges.
∾ Provide excellent communication of technical and program level issues as they arise to support the needs of the entire product development team.
∾ Conduct all work within the guidelines of the Auris Quality Management System.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with over 6 or more years of experience in developing system hardware or capital equipment is required.
• Experience developing robotic arms is preferred.
• Experience in structural designs, complex mechanisms and mechatronic applications is required.
• Experience with precision components (gears, belts, lead screws), encoders and servo-motor selection is required.
• Experience in CAD, such as SolidWorks (preferred), and/or ProE.
• Strong understanding of fabrication methods including machining, sheet metal, rapid prototyping, sand casting and molding.
• Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment.
• Analysis skills, including statics, dynamics, strength of materials and stress analysis.
• Must be capable of working independently and in a team while being flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
• An approachable individual who provides a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
• Previous experience in developing Medical Devices in an FDA regulated environment is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org