Website Simbe Robotics
Better Retail for All
As a Robotics Software Engineer at Simbe Robotics you will be part of a talented team working on Tally — our fully autonomous mobile robots for retail inventory scanning.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the software that drives Tally robots and implements their autonomy.
ABOUT THIS JOB
– Designing, implementing, and maintaining Tally’s onboard software using ROS and other open source packages.
– Working on mapping, localization, path planning, obstacle avoidance, perception, and autonomous behaviors for mobile robots in a retail environment. Our robots are designed to work safely and reliably alongside shoppers and employees during normal store hours.
– Building interfaces for managing and configuring our robot fleet and the data they generate.
– Interfacing with hardware that does not have an existing ROS driver.
– Helping to maintain open-source ROS packages with the broader ROS community and ensuring Simbe is helping to contribute to ROS.
– Solid understanding of C++ and/or Python software development
– Comfortable working and developing in a Linux environment
– Well-versed in version control systems — specifically git
– Working understanding of core ROS concepts: publishers/subscribers, topics, services, parameter server, etc
– BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering or a related field
– 2+ years of commercial software development experience
– Extensive experience using ROS in real robots – ideally autonomous ground mobile robots
– Familiarity with the ROS navigation stack
– Experience with agile software development
– Experience with continuous integration and delivery
– Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
– Experience with Docker containers
To apply for this job please visit www.simberobotics.com.