Website Tortuga AgTech
Do you want to help build real technology for a meaningful purpose? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As a Sr. Robotics Software Engineer at Tortuga, you’ll be core to the development of our robotic harvesting software and work on significant changes to our code base to improve performance. You’ll be starting with a working stack and developing world-leading, full-fleet autonomous behaviors in some of the most interesting, challenging, and coolest field environments there are (a literal field!) You’ll lead the problem solving on frontier localization and data collection features that will drive tangible value for growers and end consumers of fresh produce.
As an early employee at Tortuga, you’ll be fundamental to our success, growth, and culture. You’ll bring expertise in robotics software and share a passion for our mission while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You’re excited to advance your role and skills as Tortuga continues to grow.
What you’ll do
– Write and maintain C++ integrating creative solutions to complex problems across navigation, manipulation, and other areas to support robotic harvesting
– Build the system that enables hundreds of robots to navigate various farm environments
– Coordinate within a fast-paced software team to improve aspects of driving and picking performance
– Up to 10% travel, with potential for international travel
What we’re looking for
– Required: 4+ years professional experience in robotics, localization, mapping, and autonomous navigation
– Required: Deep C++ programming proficiency, and prior knowledge of ROS
– Required: B.S. Computer Engineering, Robotics, or relevant degree; MS in same fields preferred
– Preferred: Startup experience
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of our salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Tortuga’s total compensation package for employees.
Denver area base salary range: $120,000 – $160,000 per year. This position is in Denver, CO with the ability to work from home 2-3 days a week, based on business needs. Relocation assistance is available for out-of-state candidates.
All salaried, full-time employees receive:
– Meaningful company equity
– Unlimited paid time off
– 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– $1,000 annual wellness stipend
– Short-term disability insurance
– Flexible working hours
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving planet, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connectedness to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO – a growing and leading robotics hub in North America, and a great place to live!
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and include a few words on why you’re interested. Please also mention where you heard about this role!
To apply for this job please visit www.tortugaagtech.com.