Toyota Research Institute
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll…
– Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
– Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
– Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
– Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with forward-thinking people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with brilliant people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.
TRI’s Planning and Control team is building the decision-making, planning, and execution technology for the uncrashable Toyota. We are doing cutting edge research in the decision-making systems required for L5 autonomous driving, in addition to the exploration of highly dynamic control regimes and blended driver-machine control techniques to build the ultimate, fun, uncrashable car of the future. We are leveraging advances in AI, motion planning, and control theory to realize a scalable, verifiable system to solve the L5 driving problem in the long term, while making an immediate impact on society through our Guardian system in the short term.
– Design and implement decision-making systems for L5 autonomous vehicles.
– Develop cross-functional solutions between perception, prediction, and planning.
– Develop verification and test strategies for the decision-making algorithms.
– Analyze data from simulations, closed-course, and public road testing.
– 3+ years of experience in related positions.
– PhD or Master’s degree in Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent.
– Proven track record of designing, implementing, and fielding robotic systems.
– Strong C++ software development skills.
– Familiarity with automated testing practices.
– Strong communication skills and a team player.
– Machine learning experience.
– Experience with optimization and decision-making under uncertainty.
– Proficiency in Python.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.