Website Toyota Research Institute
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll…
– Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
– Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
– Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
– Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive, and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. Come work with TRI if you’re interested in transforming mobility through designing safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place, or designing alternative fuel sources. Start your impossible with us.
TRI’s Extreme Vehicle Dynamics Control team is developing algorithms and vehicle platforms to enable control of the vehicle in extreme maneuvers. These maneuvers include traction-limited events, drifting, and other challenging driving scenarios. Our technology is inspired by expert driver performance and has a strong focus on augmenting regular drivers. The ability to control the vehicle in these regimes is critical to Toyota’s strategy of developing safe Chauffeur and Guardian technologies that can handle any scenario. We are looking for great research scientists who are passionate about understanding and implementing driver-centric advanced controls to save millions of lives.
– Work closely with research scientists, university partners, and engineers in Japan to design, implement and test thoughtful incorporation of data-driven techniques into more traditional motion planning and modeling problems.
– Build scalable and testable code with good software practices.
– Collaborate with infrastructure teams to help design and maintain data pipelines for learning
– Work seamlessly across both software and hardware to deliver features.
– Enjoy traveling to and performing on-vehicle integration and testing at various proving grounds from race tracks to OEM test courses.
– MS in Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
– Strong communication skills. Team player.
– Strong MATLAB/Simulink/C++ software development skills.
– Basic knowledge of dynamics, control theory.
– Demonstrated experience with using machine learning in motion planning and modeling applications.
– On-vehicle testing and integration experience is a plus.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.