Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer in the Robotics Infrastructure team at Vicarious, you will work on tools and infrastructure that span the entire codebase, and shape the architecture of our overall robotics and AI platform.
– Build and maintain tools used across the robotics codebase
– Drive projects related to systemwide architecture and processes
– Identify code and workflow improvements that will enhance the productivity of engineers across the codebase
– Ensure that we have a well architected infrastructure and platform that are a joy to work with
-Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a field related to computer science or robotics
– At least five years professional experience developing production software
– Strong knowledge and experience with Python
– Experience developing with ROS (http://www.ros.org) and related tools and libraries
– Experience with modern software development processes (testing, CI, code reviews, design documentation)
– Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (e.g. algorithms and data structures) and experience applying them to improve existing and future code bases
– Functional programming experience
– ROS2 experience
– GUI/front-end experience
– C++ or Rust experience
Desired personal qualities:
– Ability to admit when wrong
– Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
– Patience with others
– Intellectual breadth
– Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.