Want to republish our material? Go for it!
Silicon Valley Robotics believes in the free flow of information. So unless otherwise noted, you can republish our articles online or in print for free as long as you don’t edit or sell them separately. We’d like to thank The Conversation and Robohub for allowing us to adapt their republishing guidelines for our use.
If you are a writer/blogger wishing to share your content with us, please email us at: andra[at]svrobo.org.
Republishing guidelines, for print and online
- Editing – Unless you have express permission from the author, you can only edit our material to reflect relative changes in time, location, editorial style and regional spelling. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” “Zurich” to “here”, and “characterize” to “characterise”). You may not arbitrarily delete portions of the text, but if space is tight, you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article, followed by “Read the full article at Silicon Valley Robotics” with a link back to the article page on our site. If you need to materially edit our content, please send an email to andra[at]svrobo.org to make your request.
- Crediting authors – All our authors must be credited in the byline in a visible place at the top of the article. Ideally their partner institutions are credited there as well: “Author Name, Affiliation” (for example “by Frank Tobe, The Robot Report”).
- Crediting Silicon Valley Robotics – A link back to the original Silicon Valley Robotics article must be included in the text. This is ideally done at the top of the article, and includes the Silicon Valley Robotics logo:
- Attachments – When referring to any .pdf attached to an article on svrobo.org, you must keep the same link back to the original content on svrobo.org. You can’t republish .pdfs on your own site.
- Advertising – It’s OK to put our articles on pages with ads, but you can’t sell our material separately, or put our articles behind an “ad wall” that forces the reader to click or close the ad before accessing the article.
- Image copyright – You must confirm for yourself that you’re licensed to republish images in our articles. Some sources don’t allow their images to be republished without permission, and it is your responsibility to check first.
- Systematic republishing – You may republish individual articles on occasion, but you may not systematically republish our articles. If that’s your aim, please contact us: andra[at]svrobo.org.
- Links to Silicon Valley Robotics; use of the Silicon Valley Robotics logo – We appreciate referrals, mentions and links to our homepage (http://svrobo.org) or to specific articles and authors. You may link to Silicon Valley Robotics or use our logo as long as the referral does not cast us in a false or misleading light.
- Frames – You may not frame the content of our site.
- Licensing – Unless otherwise noted, all our articles are licensed under Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives, which explains the legal details. If you have questions, please send an email to andra[at]svrobo.org.