As a simulation engineer, you will develop the tooling and method that enable autonomous system teams to understand the performance of their system. Your responsibilities include designing the proper technical solution, managing the performance metrics, and closing work upon review and confirmation the work meets expectations. We’re looking for a primarily hands-on engineer, who’s capable of taking real-world problems, turning them into well-defined projects, surveying and selecting the right approach, developing quick solutions and bringing them to production.
– BS or a higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– 3+ years of Industry experience with autonomy simulation software.
– Ability creating use cases and scenarios for autonomous vehicles
– Proficiency with data analytics tools such as Python, SQL
– Experience with a variety of sensors including LIDAR, stereo/mono cameras, radar, and IMUs
– Excellent C++ coding & strong engineering practices
– Strong foundation in mathematics and fundamentals (3D geometry, linear algebra)
– Ability to convert research papers into production implementation
Top Candidates will have
– MS or a higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– Experience working on a team that has production released software
– Familiarity w/Azure Devops and Devops principles or similar methodology
– Experience w/GIT, Containers, Docker, Jenkins
– Physics modeling background
– Experience creating and running simulations
– Familiarity with off road equipment and large machines
– Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS
– Ability to support/set up the required infrastructure to support large scale simulation
– Domestic Relocation assistance is available for this position
– This position may require less than 10% travel
– Visa sponsorship is available for this position
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.