Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
In the early 1900’s Benjamin Holt replaced the wheels on a steam tractor with wooden tracks bolted to chains in order to allow the tractor to work in more rugged conditions. Watching nearby, a bystander remarked that the machine crawled along much like a caterpillar, and thus Caterpillar’s history began. In roughly 90 years, Caterpillar has transformed the world as a pioneer in the mining, construction, and energy application spaces, leading in development and innovation of disruptive technology. Caterpillar has grown into a world class manufacturer with over $53 billion in sales and revenue in 2019.
Caterpillar is the industry leader in heavy duty industrial autonomous earthmoving solutions and looking to grow on our journey as we continue to bring advanced solutions to meet our customer’s demanding needs. Tired of effortlessly solving your 17x17x17 Rubik’s cube? Millennium Prize Problems a little too easy? Our electro-hydraulic machine automation solutions stretch the boundaries of advanced engineering domains and incorporate some of the highest levels of functionally safe electrical architectures, ensuring the industry best level of quality and reliability for our customers while also maximizing your engineering prowess. Our newly established Cat Robotics team is focused on evolving the state of the art and bringing emerging automation & autonomy technology into the harsh production environment found on typical mining and construction jobsites. You will be joining an elite team with a startup feel, while also having the benefit of a vast network of experienced resources at your fingertips.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that our robots are always in a safe and functioning state. Autonomy systems are complex arrangements of hardware and software, any failures can lead to damage or at minimum downtime. Your goal will be to help achieve a high standard during software development to minimize such failures, and keep those standards in place into production. You’ll work hand in hand with the testing and engineering groups and play a key role in shaping the system to achieve a high level of reliability.
– Act as a liaison between testing and engineering teams
– Help design field testing procedures
– Help design and setup automated regression tests for the autonomy software and sensor drivers
– Manage the on board diagnostics system for software and hardware components
– Help debug issues during field testing
– Prioritize issues and feature development related to reliability
– Participate in feature design, development, and roadmapping for diagnostics, logging, and issue capture systems
– 3+ years of experience working with robotic systems
– Basic understanding of autonomous mobile robots, sensors, and the core elements of autonomy
– Experienced designing test automation infrastructure
– Experience designing and administrating continuous integration systems
– Excellent debugging skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Comfortable with Linux, particularly Ubuntu
– Comfortable with C++ and/or Python
Top Candidates will also have
– ROS experience
– Familiar with Jenkins
– Familiar with Ansible
– Experience with ISO 19014 or 13849
– The location for this position is San Francisco, CA
– Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position
– This position may require up to 10% travel
To apply for this job please visit caterpillarcareers.ttcportals.com.