In the early 1900’s Benjamin Holt replaced the wheels on a steam tractor with wooden tracks bolted to chains in order to allow the tractor to work in more rugged conditions. Watching nearby, a bystander remarked that the machine crawled along much like a caterpillar, and thus Caterpillar’s history began. In roughly 90 years, Caterpillar has transformed the world as a pioneer in the mining, construction, and energy application spaces, leading in development and innovation of disruptive technology. Caterpillar has grown into a world class manufacturer with over $53 billion in sales and revenue in 2019.
Caterpillar is the industry leader in heavy duty industrial autonomous earthmoving solutions and looking to grow on our journey as we continue to bring advanced solutions to meet our customer’s demanding needs. Tired of effortlessly solving your 17x17x17 Rubik’s cube? Millennium Prize Problems a little too easy? Our electro-hydraulic machine automation solutions stretch the boundaries of advanced engineering domains and incorporate some of the highest levels of functionally safe electrical architectures, ensuring the industry best level of quality and reliability for our customers while also maximizing your engineering prowess. Our newly established Cat Robotics team is focused on evolving the state of the art and bringing emerging automation & autonomy technology into the harsh production environment found on typical mining and construction jobsites. You will be joining an elite team with a startup feel, while also having the benefit of a vast network of experienced resources at your fingertips.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a delivery program, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will bring a strong technical background and experience to stand out as a senior member of the organization, participating in every phase of the product lifecycle – from ideation through development and into production. This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product.
As the Senior TPM, you will be responsible for managing technical programs, scheduling milestones, and defining acceptance criteria to ensure successful on-time delivery. TPMs are responsible for the “when” and the “how” of the program, and hold their teams accountable to deliver on research and engineering projects to achieve business objectives.
– Work with product and engineering management to turn requirements into achievable milestones and roadmaps
– Manage projects and timelines and identifying cross-team dependencies
– Identify and track risks and opportunities, technically and organizationally
– Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
– Develop and manage detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, budgets, resource plans, risk identification, and mitigation plans as well as status reports and overall KPIs for Technical Programs.
– Manage interdependencies and relationships with other internal teams, and external vendors
– Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and impediments.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or Engineering
– 5+ years of TPM experience (robotics or autonomous vehicles strongly preferred)
– Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules, preferably for complex hw-sw systems
– Experience with agile development methodologies
– Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
Top Candidates will also have
– Experience delivering projects to production
– The location for this position is San Francisco, CA
– Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position
– This position may require up to 10% travel
To apply for this job please visit caterpillarcareers.ttcportals.com.