Director, Sales – Mid Market
Here at Seismic, we ignite growth for our company, industry, and people. We’re enablement innovators seeking the best, brightest teammates who are mission-driven and empowered by our values.
Director, Sales – Mid Market
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Seismic’s sales reps are passionate about our product and take a consultative approach to selling our solution across several verticals, including Financial Services, Manufacturing, High Tech, and more. In this role you will be leading a team of Sales reps, but also contribute yourself to the success of the business. If you like to hunt for new business, build relationships, but also enjoy coaching and mentoring a team then this is the right role for you. If you are ready to spread awareness of our world class sales enablement tool then come and join a rocket ship tech company and build your career in enterprise SaaS sales!
Who you are:
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and takes pride in all that you do
- Comfortable in dynamic environments with changing priorities
- Skilled at managing multiple responsibilities while striving to exceed expectations
- Displays a sense of humor and humility during those challenging times
What you will be doing:
- Drive revenue through new customer acquisition, meeting or exceeding all sales targets and performance metrics
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor experienced sales executives to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Develop a deep understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts
- Identify topics and partner with sales trainer to plan product and competitive training sessions
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues, and broader team
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success to provide new customers a seamless onboarding experience
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
What you bring to the team:
- Strong software or SaaS sales leadership
- Keen understanding of the SaaS model, content, and/or cloud technologies
- Proven history of leading teams to achieve quotas and objectives within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space
- Strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve
- Excellent coaching skills and sales methodology knowledge allowing you and your team to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Fluent French and English
What we have for you:
- Take time to rest and recharge w/ Paid time off, paid company holidays, end of year company shutdown
- Employer pension contributions
- Equity program and performance-based bonuses
- Risk Benefits including group life, disability, and accident insurance
- Complimentary 24/7 health line with direct access to medical professionals
- Mental health + Employee Assistance Programs w/ free counseling sessions
- Bring Your Own Device technology stipend
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Seismic Cares Program w/ charitable donation matching
- Nine Communities of Belonging (aka employee resource/affinity groups)
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit seismic.com.