Director, Sales Strategy & Operations
Here at Seismic, we ignite growth for our company, industry, and people. We’re enablement innovators seeking the best, brightest teammates who are mission-driven and empowered by our values.
Director, Sales Strategy & Operations
Austin; Boston; Chicago; Indianapolis; New York; San Diego; Toronto; Remote United States
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Seismic is looking for a Director, Sales Strategy & Operations who will lead both the strategic planning and all areas of Sales Operations globally. The individual should be highly analytical and able to work directly with sales leadership and sales reps. The role will report to the VP of Commercial Operations.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the cadence of the business: Annual Planning, Monthly and Quarterly business reviews, Weekly Forecasting calls and Pipeline reviews.
- Deliver business insights to senior leaders, and work with the analytics team to standardize important dashboards.
- Partner with Finance and Revenue leaders on the Operating Model, and own bottom-up models.
- Design Sales territories globally and per segment.
- Provide requirements to the Business Systems (CRM) team on business needs.
- Continuously enhance the sales process to make it more efficient and effective.
- Partner with the enablement team on sales training.
- Collaborate with other members of the Ops team (CS Ops, RFPs, Deal Ops, Partner Ops, Services Ops, Analytics, PMO, Systems, IT) to solve problems and work on ops projects.
- Monitor and improve Sales productivity.
What you bring to the team:
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly analytical Sales Ops leader, a doer who thinks strategically and can also dive deep into challenges to get things done. This is a person who is a true business partner to senior Sales leaders, and who has a proven track record supporting fast-growing SaaS organizations.
- 8-12 years of experience in leading sales operations with a preference toward SaaS experience, especially in the “scale-up” phase.
- Proven expertise developing and improving complex operating models, using advanced spreadsheets.
- 5+ years of experience leading strategic planning for sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field. Master is a plus.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience designing and implementing new sales methodologies.
- Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing with attention to detail required.
Here at Seismic, we ignite growth for our company, industry, and people. We are enablement innovators seeking the best, brightest teammates who are mission-driven and empowered by our values.
- We are inclusive.
- We are vulnerable.
- We seek to understand.
- We strive for excellence.
- We champion the customer.
- We celebrate success.
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit seismic.com.