Field Technician (San Bernardino, CA)
Relay Robotics is a leading supplier of autonomous service robots that work with humans safely, securely, and reliably. We are passionate about delivering easy-to-use, helpful robots that work alongside people in a variety of markets, locations, and applications.
Field Technician (San Bernardino, CA)
SAN BERNARDINO, CA /
About Relay Robotics:
Relay Robotics is a leading supplier of autonomous service robots that work with humans safely, securely, and reliably. We are passionate about delivering easy-to-use, helpful robots that work alongside people in a variety of markets, locations, and applications. Our Relay robots have completed more than 1,000,000 deliveries, driven thousands of kilometers, and revolutionized the way people work.
At Relay Robotics, we are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers. Our expert team has years of experience in robotics, engineering, software development, operations, sales & marketing, and customer support. We work closely with our customers and partners to ensure a seamless implementation of our robots tailored to the specific needs of each client.
About The role:
The Field Technician (FT) is someone who is knowledgeable about computer hardware and provides our clients with top-notch customer service. The FT serves as Relay Robotics’ response team in the field for hardware failures that may happen at client sites. FTs handle on-site diagnostics and service and are Relay’s boots on the ground. FTs assist with field projects and new robot deployments. The FT is an essential role player in keeping our robots operating and our clients happy. Please note, this is not a remote position; the work is hands-on at customer sites. This is an entry-level role that can lead to opportunities in a variety of roles within our operations and technical teams.
What You’ll Do
- Learn our robot hardware inside and out to be comfortable servicing and maintaining our machines. (we’ll provide the paid training)
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical teammates with field repairs and projects.
- Ensure hardware failures on our robots are addressed and resolved within a safe and timely manner.
- Occasionally assist with field operation projects and new robot deployments.
- Be dispatched to client sites within your area to resolve hardware failures 1-3 times a month (potentially more).
- Report to a Project Manager for tasking, scheduling and support.
You’re a great candidate if:
- You’re excited about robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and willing to learn.
- You’re familiar with hardware assembly and disassembly. (Tool kit with basic hand tools will be provided)
- You have experience building and/or modifying computer hardware and small electronics. (proprietary training will be provided).
- You’re an excellent communicator and comfortable collaborating and receiving instruction on platforms such as Slack, Google Meet/Hangouts, etc.
- You’re presentable and comfortable speaking to clients from Fortune 100 & 500 companies.
- You love providing great customer service
- Experience with robotics.
- Experience with Motion Control Sensing/PCBA Level troubleshooting
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Associate degree or higher.
$25 – $50 an hour
Onsite work pays one additional hour per site visited.
You will be reimbursed for Mileage at standard rates and approved travel and job related expenses.
The Field Technician is a 1099 contractor position at Relay Robotics and is NOT a remote position. The compensation range is between $25-$50/hr USD depending on experience. Relay Robotics does NOT pay for relocation for this role.
Relay Robotics is proud to have a diverse team and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Relay Robotics is looking for people who share our passion for innovation and want to help build a company known for its customer-obsession and commitment to excellence. Join us today and help shape the future of robotics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.