The Regional Sales Engineer works within an assigned territory and is the primary person responsible for business development and support of existing customers. The Sales Engineer identifies customer needs and works with the customer to select Harmonic Drive products with features or options that provide optimal solutions.
• Provides technical assistance and application guidance to customer’s engineering personnel to establish new business and maintain existing business.
• Develops and maintains customer commercial relationships. Represents the customer voice as needed to ensure customer satisfaction with RMA’s, deliveries, pricing, product warranties, etc.
• Addresses customer related concerns through activities such as purchase order reviews, pricing analysis, RMA handling, and expediting deliveries.
• Maintains records in company CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) for all accounts in territory and inputs information including: visits and communications, contact information, opportunity tracking, application data, technical requirements, products used or being considered, competition activities, customer feedback, etc.
• Interacts with customer and factory personnel through various forms of communication including customer visits, emails, video calls, and phone calls.
• Prepares sales forecast twice per year
• Delivers technical presentations and quotations
• Maintains list of target accounts and focuses activity to generate new business
• Performs research and follow-up on leads generated from advertising, trade shows, web, etc.
• Participates in internal sales meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
• Business Development – Research & investigate opportunities for the company in targeted market(s).
• Sales Skills, persuasion, and tactfulness
• Technical: Sizing calculations and selection of gearing, motors, and bearings
• Knowledge about market segments like robotics, semiconductor, and medical equipment.
• In depth understanding of products and suppliers in the motion control market
• Knowledge of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
• Working knowledge of ERP software especially key functions related to sales
• Working knowledge of CRM including opportunities, activities, quotations, and forecasting
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Team involvement is essential. The position does not have direct reports.
This role operates in a professional office environment or in some cases out of a home office. Involves frequent visits to customer sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints
• Driving license and ability to travel regularly
• Ability to carry product sample cases and attend trade shows
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and works during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
Travel is expected approximately 20% of the time with overnight travel subject to the individual’s territory. Visits to East Coast factory and some international travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics engineering.
• 3 to 5 years of sales or application engineering or related field experience with a preferred emphasis on motion control.
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Harmonic Drive LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org