Lead Engineer, Fleet Management
Viam believes that making robotics more accessible will help attract talent and investment to the industry so that more people can start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Lead Engineer, Fleet Management
Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
As a Lead Engineer on our Fleet Management team, you will be responsible for building cloud-based functionality to enable remote configuration, control, management, and operation of a fleet of robots. Configuring one robot manually in a lab is one thing, but managing a fleet of 1000s of robots in the wild is what this product is for. The team is also responsible for building the foundation of the cloud management website that will allow us to add richer features in the future.
This requires a high quality experience weaved throughout the stack. As an engineer, you will be integral not to just building out high quality, robust software, but to creating the future of robots. Our current tech stack consists of Golang, Vue, Linux, MongoDB.
- Leading a team of engineers
- Building out a multi-tenant cloud service for users to manage their robots, with a desire to achieve exceptional usability, accessibility and performance
- Working across the robotic stack on new and unique problems in robotics
- Working on the first set of products which will define the nature of our platform
- Building and testing on physical robots
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience leading a team of engineers
- Has a degree in software engineering or equivalent experience
- Is comfortable working in backend and frontend programming
- Worked in strongly typed languages and with modern frontend frameworks
- Has an affinity to hard sophisticated problems, and loves solving them with practical solutions
- Has deep experience on the design and implementation of developer interfaces
- Wants to make our users lives easier through making their work more efficient
- Is excited to approach new technologies and open-ended problems
- Believes in high-quality, tested, and well documented code
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages (see below)
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- Paid parental leave
The starting salary for this role is between $163,000 – $224,000/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.