Viam believes that making robotics more accessible will help attract talent and investment to the industry so that more people can start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
As a Product Manager, you will deliver exceptional experiences for the next generation of robotics developers. You will be responsible for collaboratively driving the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our products and tools. This role requires a combination of technical knowledge, strong customer empathy, and excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to scope and prioritize projects and deliver new features that have a measurable impact on the business.
- Interacting with Customers and Users to understand their needs and translate them into actionable product requirements.
- Defining key success metrics and using data to track and improve the performance of your product area.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the market, competition, and technology trends, and using this information to inform the product strategy.
- Communicating complex technical concepts in a way that is easily understood by multiple audiences.
- Owning the end-to-end development process, from ideation to launch and post-launch monitoring.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, with a Computer Science background or equivalent technical expertise.
- Passion for shipping tools and products for developers, such as client libraries, APIs, and IDE extensions.
- Experience working at the intersection of software and hardware, such as robotics, IoT, or mobile devices.
- Strong customer empathy and the ability to understand developer pain points.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with people from different parts of the company.
- Experience with the entire product development process, from ideation to launch and post-launch monitoring.
- Customer-facing experience is strongly preferred.
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages (see below)
- Reproductive Health Benefits, including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office
- Paid parental leave
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!
The starting salary for this role is between $150,000-$200,000/year. Your offer will vary based on several factors, including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced or more senior than this job description, as posted. The updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate in these situations. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.