We want to keep the world moving, so we’re looking for inventive talents and team players – in other words, colleagues who can make a real contribution. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you better!
Founded in 1925, Festo Corporation is the leading worldwide supplier of automation technology and the performance leader in industrial training and education programs. For many years Festo has been providing impetus for factory automation and offers a wide product and service portfolio – from individual components to complex customized solutions and system. As a family-owned company, we act from a holistic perspective. We take responsibility for our actions globally and locally, we want to contribute to the quality of life and conservation of resources where we operate with new technologies, knowledge and education.
At Festo, we hire people who continuously live our five core Values:
- We are Ambitious
- We are Determined
- We are Visionary
- We Value Each Other
- We are Dependable
Purpose/Mission: The Customer Solutions Project Engineer III manages moderate to complex customer focused projects throughout the product lifecycle including synthesizing project requirements through close customer interaction, conceptual design, quotation, detail design, documentation, ERP solution definition, order fulfilment, and solution validation.
- Focusing on Electrical Engineering with previous experience in the Automation and Industrial Equipment Industry.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical assistance during the pre-sales phase to help distill, collect, and validate customer requirements in preparation for conceptual design and quotation.
- Analyze and identify customer requirements and defines solutions through the application, combination, and modification of Festo’s products and services.
- Design or selects components, define scopes of delivery, solicit bids for third party materials and services, create and manage Bills of Material, prepare cost estimates, and prepare customer facing offer documentation for the proposed solutions.
- Support as necessary the presentation of the solution proposal in order to win the business.
- Review customer order documents to assess scope alignment and delivery requirements.
- Develop project documentation such as drawings, bills of materials, technical data, test specifications, labelling, packaging, ERP definition.
- Collect feedback following order fulfillment and customer validation activities and implement corrections as required.
- Travels domestically and Abroad as required. Nominally less than 25%.
- Work, as directed, on special projects and assignments deemed necessary as assigned by Festo Management.
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs including selection of technology, sizing of components, electrical/pneumatic schematics and 2D/3D CAD, controller software, tool/process design, sourcing, test equipment, packaging.
- Responsible to adhere to and enhance relevant departmental and industrial standard design guidelines and practices.
- Develops special Customer Solution System test procedure, hardware, and software if the input specifications required.
- Continuous design cost awareness
- Continuous process improvement
- “Great Ideas” innovation development program participation mandatory
- Continuous communication with customer and sales colleagues in support of pre-sales, quotation, prototype manufacture, and customer validation activities.
- Continuous communication with order fulfillment colleagues and third-party suppliers in support of quotation, design, prototype manufacture, production verification, and customer validation activities.
- Continuous communication with headquarter colleagues in support of pre-sales, quotation, prototype manufacture, and customer validation activities.
- Continuous communication with local and international peers at other Festo organizations colleagues in support of pre-sales, quotation, prototype manufacture, and customer validation activities, as well as knowledge sharing and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead simple to moderate project execution teams, including engineering, production, logistics, and quality; to prepare and successfully execute the proposed solution plan to satisfy the project requirements.
- Informal subject matter mentoring relationship supports more junior peers and cross-training initiatives.
- AS or BS of relevant technical discipline.
- Project Management certification preferred.
Professional Knowledge and Experiences
- Must be experienced with AC & DC Power Distribution Design for Industrial Equipment such as Semiconductor or display.
- Knowledge of E-Stop and Safety Relays, Temperature Controllers, Circuit Breaker Sizing, Shunt-Trips, Overloads, and Contractors necessary.
- Experience with Layout of Electrical components in enclosures for optimal wire and cable routing (panel layout) for power distribution and automation industries.
- Must be familiar with NEC, NFPA-79, and UL508a Industry standars.
- 7-9 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Festo’s complete product range and systems is desired.
- Knowledge in automation industry and applications.
- CAD expert user proficiency level.
- ERP Software advanced user proficiency level.
- Subject disciplines – Mechanical design and engineering, Electronic design and Electrical engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Electronic and Pneumatic, Software Engineering, Machine Vision, FEA and Software Simulation
Core Leadership Competences
- Performance orientation
- Personal planning and Organization
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Openness and Flexibility
- Conflict Management
- Leading, Planning and Organizing
- Critical and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- English fluent
- German, Spanish language skills preferred
- MS-Office, MS Project, SAP, CAD 2D/3D plus documentation management, ISO9000
- Extensive travel may be required to perform essential job responsibilities
- Additional work hours in excess of normal business hours may be necessary to perform essential and non-essential duties and responsibilities. This includes extra efforts required for infrequent or short duration.
Festo Corporation offers a robust benefits package, which is designed to help you and your dependents stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. This is just one way we strive to provide employees with a rewarding workplace. As an effort to keep pace with healthcare trends, Festo Corporation is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to its employees which includes…Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Programs, Short-term and Long-term disability, 401k, Pet Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid time off, Educational assistance and many more.
Livermore, US, 94551
To apply for this job please visit jobs.festo.com.