Relay Robotics is a leading supplier of autonomous service robots that work with humans safely, securely, and reliably. We are passionate about delivering easy-to-use, helpful robots that work alongside people in a variety of markets, locations, and applications.
CAMPBELL, CA /
Our technician team is seeking a detail-oriented person to perform electro-mechanical assembly, test, and troubleshooting of our robotic systems and associated hardware. The technician role is a highly flexible role, that involves production and repair work on robots as well as a wide variety of other tasks in support of engineering, operations, facilities, materials or shipping and receiving. You will be part of a global team of dedicated and high-energy people who are committed to advancing robotic technology to improve people’s lives.
● Perform mechanical and electrical assembly of our robots and accessories
● Run tests of completed robots and document test results
● Inspect parts and assemblies per drawings and specifications, recording any discrepancies and correcting them
● Install, configure and test software on completed robots
● Repair and refurbish robots that return from the field, testing and verifying as-new performance so that they can return to the fleet
● Collaborate with team members to develop and improve our processes, and train other team members
● Contribute to updating and improving our work instructions and other technical documentation
● Assist with QA, shipping, receiving, inventory, and other activities
● Support Engineering through assembly and modification of prototypes and test hardware.
● Position requires a minimum of a Technical Associate degree or equivalent experience.
● 2+ year’s experience in electronics and mechanical assembly, comfortable with wiring and cable routing and handling of small, intricate mechanical parts
● Requires strong computer skills and a basic level of networking / IT knowledge
● Knowledge of computer hardware and OS, especially Linux, and familiarity with command line interfaces is highly desirable
● Must have a cooperative, team-first attitude, and the flexibility willingness to do whatever is needed
● Skilled in troubleshooting of electro-mechanical and computer systems, including use of tools such as multimeters and computer-based test equipment
● Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams
● Should be familiar with manufacturing quality systems and willing to speak up about any defect found and follow through with corrective action
● Requires attention to detail and personal neatness / organization
● Familiarity with 5S and Lean concepts is desirable
● Strong verbal and written communication skills required, and customer interface ability is desirable
Relay Robotics builds and operates a growing fleet of autonomous robots that are revolutionizing the services industry, starting with robots that make deliveries around the clock in hospitals and hotels. We are excited to be building robots that are doing useful work and are touching people’s lives on a daily basis. Our robots have completed more than 500,000 deliveries to healthcare personnel, guests in hotels, and electronics repair technicians. While driving thousands of kilometers autonomously, Relays delight everyone who sees them.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.