Sales Development Representative – SDR
Website Dusty Robotics
Robots for the real world
Sales Development Representative – SDR
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today’s buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don’t need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty’s future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We’re Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Who You Are:
Are you looking to join a highly ambitious, rapidly growing startup and build a career in sales?
Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth, and listen to your ideas?
Because of the nature of our product and our sales process, we are looking for sales candidates with prior experience in construction who can hit the ground running, fielding calls with clients and preparing estimates.
What You’ll Do:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Dusty Robotics sales organization. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position, though we expect you to learn quickly. This position does lay the foundation for a successful SaaS sales career for those candidates who are willing to learn and work towards that goal.
First 1-2 months |
- Learn the Dusty product & messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful (Yes, we invest in your success!)
- Leverage every opportunity you can to learn the market and our business
- Consistently meet performance expectations and goals (you want rapid career growth, right?)
3-9 months |
- Continue to build a strong foundation in our product and the ecosystem around Dusty
- Become a “sales master” of qualification, relationship building, and communication skills
- Become a mentor to new team members. Show them the ropes and help them be successful just like we did for you when you started
9+ months |
- Participate in our Account Executive (AE) Mentorship Program to expand your knowledge of AE duties and responsibilities. You will work closely with your mentor in all aspects of the AE role to gain consideration for a promotion
- Prior sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the construction industry
- Agile growth mindset including the ability to make strategic decisions, operate autonomously, and respond quickly to change
- Ability to work onsite at Dusty HQ
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty’s success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You’ll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.