Senior Manager Product Sustainability (ESG)
Build your edge, build what’s next
Senior Manager Product Sustainability (ESG)
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States • Remote US
Remote Work: Yes
The ideal candidate for this role will bring their expertise in ERG as it relates to products into Zebra. This is a highly visible leadership role providing you the opportunity to utilize your experience to set strategy around ERG. In this role, you will have a global impact through managing and analyzing data, developing recommendations based on your past experiences, and reporting on this information. You will use your expertise to partner and consult key stakeholders in our business units across the organization to implement best practices and move initiatives along. We are seeking someone with expertise and experience in a product-focused ERG role.
Come join us!
*Ideal candidate would be located within commutable distance to Lincolnshire, IL, however, can be remote within the US.
- Drives alignment with all Zebra Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG ) organizational stakeholders, including, finance, supply chain, marketing, human resources and Environmental Heath & Safety (EHS)
- Leads strategy for sustainable product development within Product and Solutions helping to evolve from a “responsive” to “fully integrated” operation
- Provides subject matter expertise, build consensus on priorities / approach and drives execution of product sustainability projects
- Proactively defines sustainable product expectations from global customers
- Partners closely with Sales, Product and Program Management
- Enables vertical innovation within business units and drives horizontal sustainability projects such as product carbon emissions reduction, post-consumer recycled material usage, voluntary elimination of hazardous substances
- Establishes clear accountabilities ensuring leverage with product Environmental Regulatory activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline required
- Minimum 12+ years in an Engineering discipline, with 5+ of those years managing environmental product design initiatives required
- Sustainability experience required
- Experience must be in electronics, computer hardware (mobile computing, scanning printing, tablets, etc.)
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization where ownership and way forward may be ambiguous – you orchestrate complex agendas and drive for clarity required
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial drive, service mentality and ability to work both autonomously and in a multinational team required
- Travel Requirements – Up to 20% (domestic right now)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams focused on common objectives
- Technology product strategy and road-mapping experience
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization, cross sector, cross-functionally and globally is required
- Proven strategic thinking with ability to build out road maps, and understand key drivers that contribute to business success
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Proven track record of understanding business challenges and translating them into value-add solutions – strong analytical and problem- solving skills – actively participate in brainstorming, identifying core issues and effectively finding and using data to manage complex analysis
- Proven strategic thinking and business skills, with ability to understand key drivers that contribute to business success
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid people leadership skills with proven experience leading direct and indirect reports and interfacing with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboaration skills
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of organization
- Vision and sound judgment with a willingness to influence and offer new ideas; ability to develop strategy and execute tactically
- Ability to multi-task and advance multiple initiatives at a pace that aligns with organizational priorities
- Ability to manage projects, delivering intellectually rigorous output and synthesizing complex topics effectively, while anticipating and managing risks
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability and protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Know Your Rights:
Conozca sus Derechos:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 146600.00 – USD 219800.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards
To apply for this job please visit zebra.eightfold.ai.