Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are a group of makers, engineers, and innovators ready to disrupt the manufacturing industry. Our team is passionate about building new technology that can transform the product development space. From material creation wizards to computer-vision leaders, our team is taking bold steps to disrupt industries around the world.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Why Inkbit might be great for you
We are a collaborative team in the process of growing, passionate about creating the next-generation 3D printing platform. Inkbit’s technology is multi-disciplinary and exciting, combining artificial intelligence and machine learning with an industrial 3D printing form factor to revolutionize manufacturing.
You would join a team that is small enough that you will know everyone else well, where you will collaborate closely to solve exciting, impactful problems in 3D printing, and where you will be surrounded by others who are great at what they do and who are supportive team-players. At Inkbit, you will grow professionally in a teamwork-centric environment and will make impactful contributions to the team and the next generation of 3D printing.
We are looking for a new team member who would like to work closely with other members of the Inkbit team in a fast-paced environment. Ideally the new team member is curious about new opportunities to learn and grow from. Our team is both ambitious and supportive, and we expect that new team members will help build this team culture as the company grows.
As a member of our small, collaborative hardware development team, you will work together with colleagues on the development of Inkbit’s 3D printing system. Your broad knowledge of design and manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical systems will help you solve these exciting challenges. You will also frequently interact with members of Inkbit’s highly multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists. Your responsibilities will include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support product development from concept to manufacturing.
- Design, develop, and validate complex electro-mechanical modules and assemblies for high reliability. Apply analytical and sound design techniques to meet performance and cost.
- Prepare design concepts and conduct reviews. Collaborate with other R&D staff on electro-mechanical systems development.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation as per GD&T standards. Follow revision control practices. Use best practices and techniques in DFM and DFA.
- Establish relationships with external contractors, suppliers, and sourcing partners.
- Evaluate the current manufacturing processes & workflows, identify opportunities for improved performance/throughput by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials as well as soliciting feedback from operators.
- Advocate for best practices and high technical standards.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- 10-12 years of hands-on, relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience with complex machinery and equipment
- Fluent with mechanical CAD Solid works or Onshape.
- Demonstrate ability to design machined, sheet metal or injection molded parts.
- Experience integrating mechanical, electrical and software systems.
- Experience with close supporting role with manufacturing/operations team OR contract manufacturer.
- Experience with industrial inkjet printing systems, precision fluidics.
- Experience with additive manufacturing/3D printing
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas.
Inkbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Age, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.