Senior Product Manager
Build your edge, build what’s next
Senior Product Manager
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
Remote Work: Hybrid
The Senior Product Manager is a leadership role with global responsibility in a key position to influence and manage strategic components of our Zebra services portfolio. As a product management leader for our portfolio team, this position will have a major impact on the success of strategically important programs, drive service product ideation, lead in the articulation of the portfolio vision and drive the development and launch of innovative services to deliver the next level of growth for Zebra.
- Leads a team of Product Managers, providing direction, coaching and support to ensure successful execution against portfolio business goals, portfolio growth and service product launch objectives for assigned service offers.
- Recommends and oversees execution of a strategy for assigned portfolio, using comprehensive knowledge of market, competitive landscape, customer requirements, distribution channels and Zebra service products, hardware products and solutions.
- Creates and executes Voice of Customer (VoC) and competitive landscape requirements. Leads cross-functional VoC activities. Anticipates market and customer requirements for an assigned product line / portfolio. Oversees and approves subordinate VoC and competitive landscape activities, and beta planning. Monitors target markets and identifies opportunities for innovation.
- Excellent market research and analytical skills to identify market trends, recognize opportunities and work in close collaboration within Zebra and with our partners to unlock creative solutions that solve customer problems.
- Cultivating and Formalizing ideas & service concepts into compelling, profitable and differentiated value propositions (scope, benefits/ value for partners, customers & Zebra sales teams; competitive benchmarks; targeted pricing; go-to-market strategy, etc.)
- Co-creating and co-designing new services in collaboration with regional services product management and Customer Success Executives (CSE) to deliver new value to solve customer and partner operational challenges and monetize new business opportunities.
- A global role with impact in every region of the world working in tight collaboration with regional and country sales leads; Understand international markets and adapt tactics to different needs while driving growth and success for our global services portfolio.
- Ability to demonstrate past success in the test, launch and scale of products – ideally services. Experience in the testing, fast fail and exit while harvesting and incorporating lessons learned into development.
- Leadership and significant contribution to the 3–5-year roadmap development process and makes recommendations on the long-term strategy for the product line and portfolio.
- Extremely strong financial modeling together with experience in rapidly testing concepts in the market to demonstrate the ability to drive accelerated services revenue and margin contribution.
- Owns development and presentation of business case with supportive research, authoring slides and delivering presentations to internal and external audiences, routinely including senior & executive leadership.
- Demonstrate best practices in cross functional team/external partnership leadership to drive excellence in areas such as customer requirement definition, platform and product design, full commercial launch and attainment of business case market adoption and growth targets
- Demonstrates full knowledge of product development process. Will delegate and oversee the work of Portfolio Manager 1 or 2 level team members in executing tactical objectives to support execution to strategy.
- Owns product lifecycle management for assigned Product lines / families of moderate to high complexity, including tactical execution, managing custom requirements, developing and driving end of life plans and execution of inventory objectives.
- Sets pricing strategy. Establishes product price to maximize sales and profitability. Recommends promotion strategy by working in collaboration with Product Marketing department. Provides recommendations to influence distribution strategy to meet market needs.
- Monitors financial performance of product lines and makes recommendations for pricing action against revenue and margin objectives. Sets target product costs for new products. Evaluates cost reduction initiatives working in concert with Sustaining Engineering, Finance and other internal partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of people management experience strongly preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail/quality
- Strong process adherence
- Fluent level of English (written and verbal) as well as local language as applicable
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft business applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced P & L knowledge
- Advanced market knowledge in assigned category
- Customer service values/orientation
- Strong professional work behaviors (attendance, teamwork, time management, follow through)
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing execution of portfolio management functions
- Demonstrates good judgment in decision making; applies knowledge and past experience to guide decisions
- Strong business acumen/industry knowledge in one or more primary verticals
- Strong Presentation Skills. Formal training strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills (listening, providing clear and concise information, using proper language and grammar)
- Advanced problem solving skills
- 15% domestic and international travel
- Ability to work hybrid schedule out of Lincolnshire, IL strongly desired
Come join the Herd!
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability and protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Know Your Rights:
Conozca sus Derechos:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 146600.00 – USD 219800.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.
To apply for this job please visit zebra.eightfold.ai.