Senior Product Manager
Here at Seismic, we ignite growth for our company, industry, and people. We’re enablement innovators seeking the best, brightest teammates who are mission-driven and empowered by our values.
Senior Product Manager
Product – Platform
Austin; Boston; Chicago; Indianapolis; San Diego; Remote United States
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Product Managers at Seismic drive vision and are responsible for the success of the product through all phases of the development process. Starting with the initial concept through production deployment and maintenance, the Product Manager ensures new features and capabilities are easy to use and solve the business problem in the right way. To be successful in this role you will be required to understand the Seismic product in detail, and the Sales Enablement space, as well as have a deep understanding and empathy for the challenges Seismic’s customers face.
The Platform Product Management team at Seismic is growing and this Product Management role will be responsible for the multi-cloud platform at Seismic. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager with deep skills that lie at the intersection of user experience and cloud computing to own our streamlining multiple platforms experience. What this means is you need to enhance our platform experience that enable various sales and marketing users and administrators in accomplishing tasks with unparalleled ease and improving their productivity in a complex ecosystem in a secure manner. In this highly visible, unique and cross-functional role you will work with various stakeholders to prioritize and deliver experiences in diverse functional areas – from soup to nuts. This is an awesome opportunity to take Seismic’s platform to the next level and drive adoption and revenue.
What You Will Do:
- Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements and translate these requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget.
- You’ll need to work with senior engineers and architects to balance product velocity and technical debt tradeoffs. Passion for data and knowledge of building SaaS platform capabilities.
- Responsible for defining the roadmap for several engineering teams based on various internal and external stakeholder feedback
- Monitor market trends and bridge business gaps by authoring technical requirements for the team. Engage with customers and key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to validate existing product requirements and evolve as needed.
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market/competitive analysis into product requirements.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and support operations
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs.
- Passion for platform and how the market / industry is evolving.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience at an enterprise SaaS organization, including experience managing platforms/applications used by external end users
- Demonstrated experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service experience in PaaS. Overall understanding of platform business models and in-depth experience with hyperscaler (MSFT, AWS, GCP) infrastructure, compute, or storage platform operations, including design, implementation, and maintenance of capacity management.
- Experience working with object storage – (AWS S3 / GCP Cloud Storage / MS Azure Blob Storage). Work with technical leads to ensure performance, scalability and reliability of technical products, platforms, and patterns.
- Familiarity with following technologies: Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Postgres, SQL, data warehousing ability to influence cloud provider roadmaps to align service offerings for operational needs.
- Experience in identifying MVP and building new products / solutions in a cross functional environment. Ability to drive incremental value to the market and encourage adoption across our user base.
- Comfortable articulating the big picture and mapping and communicating the technical details of a system to stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- Motivated self-starter able to translate uncertainty and ambiguity into clear, crisp plans. Ability to develop a strong point of view and collaborate with humility and diplomacy to drive your vision forward.
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and services to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Understand modern SaaS technologies and platforms. You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability, and performance.
- Previous experience working with remote teams and as needed, willing to work off-hours a couple of times a week to attend dev/scrum meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is preferred.
What We Have For You:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-the-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit seismic.com.