Viam believes that making robotics more accessible will help attract talent and investment to the industry so that more people can start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Viam’s products are built by engineers, for engineers. We want to build a platform we would want to use ourselves. This requires a high-quality experience weaved throughout the stack. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be integral in helping our users use Viam’s platform to their fullest potential while working with our Software Engineers and Product Managers to provide feedback and shape the future of the product. This role will be based out of our NYC Headquarters.
- Client-facing, working closely with users who are using our platform
- Work with a variety of different users to onboard them onto our product, identify their needs, and help them find success using Viam
- Provide feedback to our Software Engineers and Product Managers on how our platform is performing, and what features should be implemented in the future
- Traveling to client sites (50% of time)
- Assisting the go-to-market team with their sales pitches
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has an understanding of working with hardware and/or robotics
- 2+ years of pre-sales experience a plus
- Has a degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Enjoys interacting with users to make their experience working with robotics more efficient
- Is excited to approach new technologies and open-ended problems
- Thrives in a presentation environment and enjoys working with a diverse group of individuals
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Paid Parental leave
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
The starting salary for this role is between $150,000 – $250,000/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.