SR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Website Blue River
OUR MISSION IS TO CREATE INTELLIGENT MACHINERY THAT SOLVES MONUMENTAL CHALLENGES FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers – to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant – leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Blue River Technology is seeking a highly skilled Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop embedded software and systems for our computer vision-enabled agricultural products including the Bay Area’s highest density compute platform for robotics. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative team environment and get energized about delivering solutions to technical challenges? If so, this role will be an outstanding next step in your career!
- Develop, enhance, and debug new and existing software applications, kernels, and device drivers for impactful robotics computing in C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Optimize algorithms runtime on systems with limited memory and compute resources.
- Design ruggedized embedded software and systems in support of product development from feasibility through to production
- Work with all types of engineers to solve systems problems in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Architect embedded systems and implement design standard methodologies
- Review hardware designs and conduct regular evaluation and tests of system functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years experience developing embedded software, including 1+ developing real-time/near real-time embedded software
- Strong Linux background in tuning real-time/near real-time applications, kernels, and device drivers for low latency
- Strong attention to detail with an eye towards test and continuous integration
- Desire and aim to collaborate as part of an agile team to deliver imaginative solutions
- Experience in GMSL serializer/deserializer
- Capability to organize and plan work to accomplish large initiatives collaboratively
- Expertise in systems architecture and optimizing systems to decrease peak and average latency
- Expertise with Linux security (mandatory access control, file system encryption, cgroups, capabilities, namespaces)
- Experience with cameras, camera sensors, and camera interfaces
- Experience with CAN or Ethernet network stacks
- Comfortable with test equipment – logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience with middleware such as ROS and other robotics-focused software packages
- Experience with python and/or bash scripting
- Experience in development on ARM
The US base salary range for this position is $136,000 – $240,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit bluerivertechnology.com.