SYSTEMS & NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Website Blue River
OUR MISSION IS TO CREATE INTELLIGENT MACHINERY THAT SOLVES MONUMENTAL CHALLENGES FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.
SENIOR SYSTEMS & NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers – to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant – leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
- Monitor, maintain and upgrade network infrastructure
- Support Directories (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, FreeIPA)
- Windows Server deployments and upgrades
- Manage and configure switches, wireless networks, and server virtualization (VMWare and QEMU, OVIRT)
- Assist with routine system backups and restores
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and certain workstations.
- Analyze systems, servers, applications and network performance.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Assist with escalated support issues
- 6+ years of experience as a Systems and Network Administrator
- Strong knowledge of both Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Bash/Python scripting
- Experience architecting, maintaining and supporting complex enterprise networks
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible)
- Ability to work onsite and during off-hours on an as-needed basis
- Great communication skills
- Experience with cloud-based MDM’s (Jamf, InTune)
- Experience working with SIEM tools (Splunk)
- Experience with Zscaler (ZIA and ZPA)
- Experience maintaining bare-metal Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with SLURM
- Familiar with C/C++
- Familiar with golang
- Experience with AWS
At Blue River we value a variety of voices, you do not need to check all of these boxes to apply.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $105,000-$154,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit bluerivertechnology.com.