We’re hosting a STUDY GROUP for robotics/hardware and frontier tech startups who are working through the free “Venture Deals” course from Kauffman Fellows and TechStars, with instructors Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson. Gain additional mentorship and guidance through Silicon Valley Robotics and Circuit Launch accelerator. Free for Silicon Valley Robotics or Circuit Launch members. Sign up for the FULL VENTURE DEALS SUMMER COURSE HERE.
This unique course demystifies venture capital deals and startup financing to give both first-time and experienced entrepreneurs a definitive guide to secure funding. Taught by renowned venture capitalists Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, partners at the Foundry Group and authors of Venture Deals, the course reveals the secrets behind how venture financings really work. Feld, a well-known speaker and author of several books in the Startup Revolution series, began financing technology startups in the early 1990s, first as an angel and later as an institutional investor.
In the class forums, you will have exclusive opportunities to ask Brad Feld detailed questions about specific investment strategies. In addition, you can engage Feld and Mendelson and other celebrated investors in live video chats held during the seven week course. You will be making connections and collaborating with an international network of entrepreneurs and classmates, learning strategies that will help you take your pitch or deal to the next level. Whether you’re looking for financing for your venture, or looking to fund an entrepreneur, you’ll get smarter about the process by taking Venture Deals.
This course will enable you to:
- Participate in live chats with the instructors and celebrated VCs Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
- Network with entrepreneurs and financiers from around the world with whom you will work with on real projects
- Get a firm grasp of how venture capital deals and other financings come together
- Find the right VC for your company
- Learn strategies for getting the best deal possible
- Learn how to structure financings using term sheets, capitalization tables, and syndication all with the goal of minimizing risks
You will work in virtual teams and gain leadership and assessment skills you can apply to your own fundraising strategies for your business. Designed by experienced venture capitalists for new and professional entrepreneurs, the seven week curriculum will improve your ability to consummate a transaction in venture capital financing while avoiding common mistakes.