I am reaching out to invite you to participate in a collaborative effort being spearheaded by SATS, a major ground handler at Singapore’s Changi Airport.
SATS has just launched a Call for Collaboration (CFC) to seek innovative and cost effective solutions to address their operational issues and achieve productivity improvement. I believe that your company has the capabilities to provide the solutions that SATS is looking for, and would like to invite you to participate in this platform.
SATS is looking for the following solutions:
1. Odd Size Baggage Transportation
· Due to increasing travel demand, odd size baggage demand increases as well. This CFC seeks to utilise Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to aid operations so to ease the manpower crunch in SATS.
2. Intelligent Cargo Import Terminal
· To meet the significant increase in the volume of cargo handled, this CFC seeks to utilise Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to aid operations to ease the manpower crunch in SATS.
3. Meal Carts Transportation
· This CFC seeks to leverage on Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to automate the routine transportation of meal carts.
4. Arrival Baggage Delivery
· To meet the significant increase in volume of flights and baggage handled at Changi, this CFC seeks to utilize Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to aid operations to supplement the reliance on manpower.
5. Special Services (Wheelchair)
· This CFC seeks to jointly develop an effective and cost efficient Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) wheelchair solution to supplement operations for the SATS Special Services (“SSS”) which caters to the special needs of airline passengers. Participants should leverage on SATS’s current fleet of manual wheelchairs for their design of the AGV prototypes.
6. Cargo Documents Delivery
· This CFC seeks to utilize Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to deliver inbound and outbound cargo documents delivery, and the route from Airside to Landside will cover several pick-up/drop-off locations.
While the company has cited AGVs as a possible means to address their problems, they are also open to consider innovation solutions that you offer.
Please find the details in the documents attached and let us know if we can be of any help.
Please also feel free to forward this information to other robotics companies, or to submit joint proposals.
If you are interested in understanding Singapore’s efforts in robotics, and other potential opportunities please feel free to reach out to me as well.
TO ACCESS MORE INFORMATION – PLEASE EMAIL ANDRA